July 24, 2009

Baptism Name Frame & Card

Tomorrow, we're attending the baptism of our friend's daughter. Of course, I have to make the gift...

Name Frame for Ariana Stamps: Letterpress Alphabet (retired)
Card Stock: Pixie Pink & Lovely Lilac
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Etc: Background paper from my personal stash; Frame


I usually make name frames as wedding or holiday gifts. I never made one for a baby until today. I think it'd be cute displayed on the shelf of a baby's room. I don't know the baby's nursery theme, so I just went through my stash of background paper and went from there. I also used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make sure my letters were stamped straight. I wanted to add the date of birth, but my frame doesn't give me much to work with (it's only 3-½" x 10"). In addition to the frame, I also bought a pink cross from Hallmark to go along with the gift - something religious to mark the occasion. Because I'm a demonstrator, I NEVER buy cards anymore. I used to be a Hallmark junkie, so it was kind of weird going there today. I didn't even browse their cards since I made my own:

Hope Card Stamps: Eastern Blooms; Yummy (SAB retired)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink
Etc: Cricut Cartridge: Home Décor; Stickles; Ribbon from Michaels


When I first imagined this card in my head, I knew I wanted cherry blossoms and a word at the bottom. I originally wanted the word "faith" for the card, but my friend is borrowing my Home Accents Cricut cartridge. I figured "hope" would work also. At first, I layered a pink word with a brown shadow, but it was too much pink and didn't stand out as well. So I changed the word to white. I hooked part of the "H" around the ribbon as well. I added the swirls from Yummy, which is a past Sale-A-Bration stamp set, to fill in the empty spaces at the bottom. I still felt like it was missing something, so I added Stickles to the center of the flowers to make them pop. Overall, I like how this card turned out =)

No comments:

Post a Comment