December 22, 2009

Vinyl Frames

In continuing with the crafting of my Christas presents, I made 3 more name frames, this time using Stampin' Up!'s Décor Elements line. I had an idea in my mind of how I wanted them to look (they were all going to be similar in design with the exception of the monogram). Well... sometimes things look better - AND EASIER - in your head! LOL!

Here's my first frame:
Mathis frame

So in doing this, it's hard to line up the frame and the monogram, so I basically just had to wing it. Somewhere in the process, I messed up the thin border that is inside the scallop frame, and there was no way to smooth it out, so I just removed it entirely. But I'm making three frames, so I'll learn and get better along the way, right?

Here's the second frame:

Cacapit frame

With the exception of the "C" being too high, THIS is how ALL of the frames should have looked! My best attempt! And I figured I can line up the glass over my cutting mat and use the grids as my guides! So the third frame should be even simpler right?? Well...

Heath frame

It didn't quite work out that way! I don't know how or why, but I totally messed up putting the scallop frame on the glass, so I just removed it all together. The swirl is from the Calligraphy Cricut cartridge in an attempt to eliminate some white space.

For all the frames, I used the monogram and Scallop Square frame from SU and the Opposites Attract Cricut cartridge. I used Cricut Design Studio (one of my Christmas gifts!) to weld the letters for the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment