February 5, 2010

Always Have Faith

At work, our Assistant Director's last day is today. I've often mentioned and shown her my crafty side, and she's always been interested in what I do. A few weeks ago, we were taking about glass etching. I told her that I knew how to do that, and she wanted to see a sample. So instead of bringing in a sample, I made her a going-away present:
Faith Etched Glass


I used the Home Décor Cricut cartridge, and cut out "faith" at 2" on Con-Tac paper. I like using Con-Tac paper instead of regular vinyl for etching projects because it tends to be more forgiving. And if I mess up (which I did twice with this project- I needed the negative part of the image and kept peeling it off instead), I don't feel as bad ripping it or throwing it away to redo.

I gave her the present this morning (along with a handmade card), and she starting crying! She LOVED it, especially because she is a woman who strongly believes in faith. She will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment