March 4, 2010

A Frame For a Friend

Friend frame

Okay... so I'm not actually giving this frame to a friend. I have 3 craft shows lined up within the next two months, the first of which is next Saturday! I have some items left over from when I did the ones in the fall, but I need to make some "spring" items (cards, gift items, etc).

I bought this frame at Michaels in the clearance section. It measures 8" x 10", but you can put a 4" x 6" picture in the middle. The glass of this frame actually "pops" out from the corners, and the mat is pretty much stuck on the glass from behind. I took some leftover Rub-Ons from a few years back to put the swirls and flowers and butterflies. After I was done, I used a glossy spray to coat the top so the rub-ons don't get... well, rubbed off. Makes it a bit more "permanent" that way. After that dried, I took some embellishments and added some color to an otherwise mono-chromatic frame. I REALLY like how this turned out, I almost don't want to sell it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment