skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Today is my friend Bobbi's birthday. She and I met about 4 or 5 years ago because our sons took Tae Kwon Do together, and because they are about the same age (Dustin is a year older than Rico) and are pretty much the exact same person, they became best friends. About a year into becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I invited her to a workshop I was having, but she hesitated because she felt she wasn't "crafty." She always told me about how the ladies at her job were into scrapbooking and everything, but she just couldn't see herself doing it (or didn't feel like she could). I told her that I show everything they would do (hence the "demonstrator" part), and if she likes it, great - she has a potential new hobby. If not, it's okay. After some convincing from myself and her husband, she agreed to attend. Well, she LOVED it! She has joined two stamp clubs since then, and even received a Cricut for Christmas. After some guidance, she's now making a lot of things on her own, and I absolutely love her creations! I should post some of it her, with her permission of course! I felt this would be an appropriate birthday gift for her:
She definitely needs her "hallmark" stamp on her work! This is the card I made for her:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms; It's Your Birthday (retired)
Cardstock: Basic Black; Rose Red; Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black; Chocolate Chip; Rose Red
Etc: Ornament Punch; Vintage Brads
I saw this card idea a few weeks ago, and loved the idea of turning the ornament punch into a vase! I thought I had Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, but I don't. If I did, it would have gone in between the sentiment and the vase, eliminating the brads. I could have created my own using a Rose Red stamp pad and white grosgrain ribbon, but I didn't feel like getting to messy. Besides, I didn't have a whole lot of time to create this card. I think this is why I've become a late-night stamper (note the times of most of my posts - they usually occur after 10 p.m.!) because that's when the family has gone to bed and and I can stamp without interruption!
By the way, even though the Holiday Mini ended in January, you can still order the Holiday punch! That could mean it will make it's way to the new Idea Book & Catalog in July! Contact me if you want to order yours today!
No comments:
Post a Comment