I made this card for my friend's niece for tomorrow. She's turning 4 and into the whole Disney princess scene. While I was at Target tonight getting the presents, I started rummaging through the cards... maybe there would be a cute one I could get. I don't really like to buy cards anymore since I can make them myself, but I make an exception for children's cards because of the characters. But at $4.99 for a card (!), I decided to make my own instead.
I first used a different pose - one of Ariel sitting down - but assembling everything together at 4-½" was difficult - especially the eyes! So I opted for this pose in order to keep what's left of my sanity. This one is cut at 4" so it wouldn't be too overwhelming on the standard size of a 5-½" x 4-¼" card base. I still had a hard time with the eyes - I think it kinda looks weird up-close, but that's as good as I could get it. I think part of it is because I don't have the Expression (I have the Cricut Create), which is made for more intricate cuts. This was my first time using all the layer features, which was also a bit of a challenge as well.
The "4" and the oval in the top left corner are cut from the Celebrations cartridge. The "4" is raised by Dimensionals for added depth. I used the Scallop Edge punch and put a piece of cardstock at the edge of the inside for contrast.




No comments:
Post a Comment