August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Circle Circus

I finally got my order in of new stamp sets, stamp pads, and updated business supplies yesterday. I ordered Circle Circus which is a new stamp set this year and because I saw the versatility in this set. Tonight I had a chance to sit down and play:
Circle Circus
Stamps: Circle Circus; Happy Everything
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
Etc: Slit Punch for inside of card


I needed to make a birthday card for my dad for tomorrow, and what better way than to use my new stamp set and the new In Colors. Again, I love the versatility of this set. Depending on the colors you use, you can have a masculine card (which I have a hard time making) or a feminine card. This card was so simple to make - just some layering and random stamping and you have a birthday card done in a few minutes!

Of course, I have to make it harder for myself:

Inside of card

I'm giving my dad a gift card - since he's the only driver and has to drive my mom to and from work and everywhere else, I figured a gas card would be a perfect gift that only he can use. I just put the AT&T gift card in there for picture purposes. I used the slit punch to make the holder, but I have to make it harder for myself and try to figure out measurements. **Okay, the slit punch measures 3/4" of the way in... the gift card measures approximately 3-3/8"... ** OMG! In the end, the width of the cardstock is 5" long, I pushed the punch as far as it will go and punched on all three sides, then trimmed it to fit the inside of the card. I have to make a note of that because I'll be needing it again one day, I'm sure =P

No comments:

Post a Comment