September 13, 2009

Workshop Cards

Today, I had a Workshop/Open House to introduce the 2009-10 Idea Book & Catalog, the new Holiday Mini Catalog, and the Definitely Decorative (formerly Décor Elements) line. I know it's kind of late since the IB&C was released in July, but better late then never, right? I had six people attend, and I stated by giving an overview of Stampin' Up! and a catalog tour, since half of them have never stamped before. I demonstrated the Chalkboard technique, then I I let them create two projects:

Circle Circus notecards
Stamps: Circle Circus; Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay; Melon Mambo; Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay; Melon Mambo
Etc: Bermuda Bay & Melon Mambo ½" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon; 1-¼" Circle, Scallop Circle, Word Window, & Modern Label Punches; Dimensionals; White Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen; SNAIL


The note cards measure 3" x 3", and my attendees were also given envelopes so they can use the cards they made. Some were surprised at how easy it was and even thanked me for allowing them to discover their crafty side =)

No comments:

Post a Comment