January 2, 2010

Decorating With the Letter R

Happy New Year! Wow, it's already 2010! Have you made those new year's resolutions? I used to resolve to do the "usual" stuff, i.e. lose weight, have more patience, etc... but those are things you should work on all the time, not just because it's a new year. Besides, sometimes we make resolutions that are just impractical, so we break them early. So this year, I resolve to do something I know I can keep up with all year long - to be more crafty! So here is my new creation for the new year:

Decor Elements R


I made this "floating" frame using Stampin' Up!'s Décor Elements/Definitely Decorative line. This line is great for someone who wants to be more crafty or wants to decorate, but doesn't have a lot of time to do so. It features a lot of different images, from flowers to sayings to things for a child's room. I used two pieces for this frame: the "Together Forever" circle in black, and the letter R, also in black. With the letters, you get both the uppercase and lowercase, so you can use them together or separately for different projects.

I found the frame at the M store, and it measures 13" x 13" square, which is perfect since the circle measures 12-½" square. The frame is actually one of those where you put a mat over your picture and people can sign around it. I just took all of that off. The only problem with that is that it also removes your hanging hooks. But I solved that by taking some pieces from a wall-hanging kit and putting in my own hooks. Or, if you prefer to keep the original hooks, you can just insert a piece of decorative paper behind your image, and change it out according to season or your mood or room décor.

I like just putting the décor on the glass, and removing the backing because I'm not constricted to only having it in one place. Right now this hangs over the love seat in my living room, but I can always move it to the kitchen, hallway, bedroom... anywhere!

To browse through the entire Definitely Decorative brochure, just click on the image in the right column. New images are coming out in a few days, so stay tuned for those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment